Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Blog Site Reflection Paper


Introduction:
      As I skimmed through the syllabus for Tech Apps, I was appalled when I read that I would be required to create a blog site. Immediate nervousness had set in, because I had no idea of where to start. Once class actually started and I realized I wasn’t alone in my fear for this Blog Site Assignment, I began to feel a lot better. By the second week of class, my fear was evicted and excitement had taken its place. I had three topics that I wanted to choose, so I combined two of the three. My final topic was obesity as it relates to socioeconomic status.
Health Topic/Target Population
I chose obesity and socioeconomic status because I was curious to see how much of a correlation the two had. I assumed that lower socioeconomic status would result in a lower obesity rate. Then I thought that lower socioeconomic statuses consume foods high in fat due to the lower price in comparison to healthier options. I figured that creating a blog site and doing research, a lot of these questions would be answered.
      I believed that anyone could relate to this topic however, the targeted population was young adults. The reason I targeted young adults is because young adults typically change socioeconomic status and weight. Typically there is a significant weight gain after college. In addition there is an increase income. I assumed young adults could relate to both.
Marketing
In the beginning of this project, I never thought of a marketing strategy for my blog. As stated before, I was unsure of where to start let alone how to advertise. It wasn’t until I received directive that I began advertising my blog site. I initially added it to my Linked In profile, followed by my Facebook profile, and ending with my Instagram profile. In a matter of minutes my blog site was featured on all of my social networks. I then made my profile public, so that anyone could view it. Whenever I would add anything new I would send a group text informing my colleagues of the change. It didn’t take long for my views to increase on my blog and this made me happy.
Health Education Tool
Anything that promotes health and provides information related to health and wellbeing can be used as a Health Education tool. I believe that the same is true for my blog. My blog site offers information related to obesity from the causes to prevention methods. In addition, I have provided additional resources that readers can benefit from. I am so excited for the work that I have put in and I know that readers will benefit from it.
C.R.A.P. Principle Blog Design
I don’t like to think of myself as a creative person; however I do not consider myself boring either. The blog design that I chose was one that was simple and easy to read. It provided readers with color, but the color was not over powering. I tried my best to focus on the C.R.A.P Principle. The orange color scheme that I used allowed things to stand out and I used that for my contrast. I used black ink and neither one was over powering. I tried my best to use the same outline for every blog post. In doing so, I made it my duty to use the same format that included a title, body, and reference if needed. I used the same color and font throughout the entire blog. My main reason for doing that was to focus on the repetition aspect of the blog. The most complicated part of it all was trying to keep the alignment straight. I struggled with this whenever I inserted pictures due to the different picture sizes. Eventually I was able to get everything aligned. Last and certainly not least, I focused on proximity. I did this by making all of blogs relate to each other and listing them consecutively. There should be no issues finding the things that you need to maneuver through my blog site.
Conclusion
All in all, this was a great experience and I’m glad I had the opportunity to learn. Working on this project was so much fun and I learned a lot. I will truly cherish these skills that I have gained and use to blog site for referencing when needed. In addition, I plan to continue using my Linked In page for networking. I will also add a link to blog site on my resume.



1 comment:

  1. Hi, Great information! Would you please consider sharing my link to your readers? Please email me back at haileyxhailey gmail.com.

    Thanks!
    Hailey

    ReplyDelete